- Social Security Disability (SSDI) Claims
- Social Security Disability (SSDI) Appeals
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Claims
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Appeals
Eric Patrick is an Oakland, California attorney who joined Mr. Gutstadt’s practice in July of 2011. Before attending Law School, Mr. Patrick worked for a prestigious cardiology practice in San Francisco. Following law school, he practiced general civil litigation; however, his familiarity with client health issues, knowledge of medical procedures and conditions, and desire to help clients fight for their right to disability benefits, led to the natural transition from civil litigation to Social Security Disability law.
During law school at Golden Gate University, Mr. Patrick earned two Witkin Awards for Legal Writing & Research. He also worked as an extern for Judge Tomar Mason of San Francisco Superior Court, and participated in the Honor’s Lawyering Program and the landlord/tenant clinic for the AIDS Legal Referral Panel. He was a teacher’s assistant for first year students in their Torts class and also worked as an Adjunct Professor of Legal Writing & Research at Golden Gate University School of Law in 2010-2011.
Eric’s philosophy is to work with closely with clients, fully reviewing all medical and non-medical evidence, with the goal of developing the strongest possible case to bring before the Social Security Administration, usually in front of an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ).
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2009
- Honors: Two Witkin Awards for Legal Writing & Research
- Honors: Extern, Judge Tomar Mason of San Francisco Superior Court
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
- M.A. - 1999
- Major: Political Science
- Saint Mary’s College of California, Moraga, California
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Government
- California, 2009
Classes & Seminars:
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing & Research, Golden Gate University School of Law, 2010 to 2011